East Bernard, TX 77435
Harvest Landing Site Plan
East Bernard is on the west side of the San Bernard River at the intersection of State Highway 60 and U.S. Highway 90A, fifteen miles north of Wharton in northeast Wharton County. The community was originally on the east side of the river, where Jethro Spivi built the first residence around 1850; hence the name East Bernard.
The City of East Bernard is served by the East Bernard Independent School District and home to the East Bernard High School Brahmas. The graduating class of 2015 marked the 100th anniversary of the first graduating class in the school’s history. Some of the students of this graduating class included relatives of some of the original settlers when the town was first formed.